Sunday, December 10, 2017

Dollar Store Christmas Wreath

Hello and welcome to Two Chicks and a Mom!  Today we have a inexpensive and easy wreath tutorial for you.  Of course, make the wreath "your own" by using your creativity and items that you love!

DOLLAR STORE CHRISTMAS WREATH
I purchased a few items from a dollar store (Dollar Tree) but I also had items on hand already.
Green wreath form (Dollar Tree)
Ribbon (Dollar Tree) wide and 1/2 inch
Straight pins
Craft glue
Hot glue gun
Various embellishments such as silk flowers, buttons, stuffed toys, ornaments, etc.

To start, I place one end of my ribbon on the wreath and secure it with a straight pin (you can also use glue).  Then wind the ribbon over and around the wreath.




Hopefully you end with no gaps!  Then place a second, more narrow ribbon and secure both ribbons with a straight pin; wind second ribbon as first.  You should be able to use the same straight pin to secure.


I had this cute little chalkboard Christmas Tree that I found in Target's Dollar Section last Christmas and decided to use it.


I wasn't sure exactly what embellishments I wanted to use but this is what I did use:
This is actually a Santa pin that I have had for many years.  I don't wear them often anymore so I thought Santa needed a new home.


I used the back of the chalkboard tree and glued buttons and a small scrap of ribbon to decorate the tree.  When I placed it on the wreath, I used to small pieces of artificial greenery that I cut off of a Christmas candle ring (photo above).


The white poinsettias were also taken from a candle ring that I had for several years.  I just cut them off down to the flower and hot glued them in place.




Thanks for visiting and Merry Christmas!




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips